It seems at times when you believe it’s done, it’s simply not. Texas orders, being from a divorce or a paternity case, regarding custody of a child or periods of possession can be modified. The court has jurisdiction to modify a prior order involving children until the later of that child turning 18 or graduating from high school. Often, we are asked to guide clients that are seeking to modify an existing order pertaining to child custody, child support, or spousal maintenance. The modifications to an existing order are based on a change in circumstances that is material and substantial in nature. These changes can be based on relocation, financial need, increased earnings, changing needs and interests of children entering adolescence, and other personal issues affecting parents. We also represent clients in enforcement cases involving parents who fail to make child support payments and prosecute contempt cases involving parents who refuse to abide by custody and visitation agreements.

Contact Meier, Bradicich & Moore, LLP to schedule a confidential meeting with an attorney at our firm
who can help you determine the best course of action to address your legal issues.